Practicing law since 1990, Taylor Porter Special Counsel Richard Easterling practices in the areas of governmental relations and regulatory matters with a focus on the hospitality industry. Richard’s regulatory work encompasses all phases of alcohol beverage licensing and enforcement.
Richard serves as the Chair of Taylor Porter's Alcohol Beverage Licensing and Zoning practice. He was ranked "Administrative/Regulatory Law Lawyer of the Year" in Baton Rouge by Best Lawyers in America® 2016, and he is also ranked by his peers in Louisiana Super Lawyers and Chambers USA in Administrative Law.
His experience in the hospitality industry includes:
- A deep knowledge of local and state statutes, rules, and regulations pertaining to alcohol beverage licensing and compliance.
- A working relationship with state and local personnel and agents that regulate the hospitality and alcohol beverage industry, including hotels, restaurants, and convenience and retail stores.
- Experience in representing clients at hearings before the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control and local alcohol beverage offices.
Richard received his J.D. from Louisiana State University Law Center in 1990. He is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of Louisiana and Mississippi and the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of the Mississippi and Louisiana State Bar Associations, National Association of Licensing and Compliance Professionals, Alliance of Alcohol Industry Attorneys and Consultants, and the National Association of Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Attorneys.
Articles and Publications:
- "Louisiana Moves Into COVID-19 Phase 3; New Guidelines Released for Hospitality Industry," The Taylor RePorter Legal Blog, Sept. 14, 2020
- "To-Go Alcoholic Beverage Orders from Restaurants and Bars Suspended in New Orleans," The Taylor RePorter Legal Blog, July 24, 2020
- "Edwards Orders State Mask Mandate, Closes Bars to On-Premises Consumption, and Makes Phase 2 Changes," The Taylor RePorter Legal Blog, July 13, 2020
- "Phase Two: Roadmap to a Resilient Louisiana," The Taylor RePorter Legal Blog, June 8, 2020
- "Louisiana Moves Into Phase One; New Openings and Additional Guidelines for Hospitality Industry," The Taylor RePorter Legal Blog, May 15, 2020
- "Updated Guidance for Hospitality and Retail Industry," The Taylor RePorter Legal Blog, May 7, 2020
- "Impact of Stay At Home Order on Alcoholic Beverage and Tobacco Retailers, Wholesalers, Manufacturers," The Taylor RePorter Legal Blog, March 26, 2020
- "Louisiana Office of Alcohol & Tobacco Control to Expedite Issuance of Delivery Permits," The Taylor RePorter Legal Blog, March 18, 2020
- "Compliance Check! What Bars, Clubs and Restaurants Need to Do to Be Compliant With Regulations," The Taylor RePorter Blog, February 2018
- “Is This a Restaurant or a Bar and Grill?” Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys, September 2009