Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, B.C.L and J.D., 2006
Louisiana State University, B.S., Chemical Engineering, 2002
Professional Memberships and Associations
Baton Rouge Bar Association
Louisiana Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
Robin Toups practices primarily in the areas of environmental and regulatory law and litigation. She has represented clients before regulatory agencies, including the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and various state and federal courts. Her practice includes advising and representing clients on a wide variety of environmental regulatory issues, with a particular focus on Clean Air Act permitting and compliance issues, including NSPS and NESHAP interpretations. Ms. Toups also advises clients regularly regarding water permitting and compliance issues, OSHA compliance, wetlands issues, environmental permit appeals and transfers.
Ms. Toups is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Louisiana. She is a member of the Baton Rouge Bar Association, the Louisiana Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, and the Air and Waste Management Association.
Ms. Toups graduated from Louisiana State University with a Chemical Engineering degree in 2002 and worked as a process engineer prior to attending law school. Ms. Toups received her Juris Doctorate and Bachelor of Civil Law from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in 2006 where she was a member of the Order of the Coif.
Notable representations have involved:
• Air permitting issues associated with an oil and gas production facility
• Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) program at a major synthetic, organic chemical facility
• Citizen suit under the Clean Water Act before a federal court
• Hazardous waste regulatory audit at an industrial manufacturing facility
• Air permitting and compliance for a major shipyard
• Air permitting and defense against regulatory enforcement at several natural gas facilities
• Wetlands mitigation banking regulatory and contractual issues
• LPDES water permit compliance for wastewater treatment systems
• Resolution of compliance orders and other enforcement for industrial clients before Louisiana and federal regulatory agencies
• Representation of clients in LPDES and air permit appeals
• Advising clients regarding permit applications and preparation of EIS materials
• Advising clients on complex air permit compliance issues
• Advising and representing clients in enforcement matters regarding chemical accident prevention/risk management plan issues