Vicki M. Crochet practices all areas of employment law. Her work has included advising clients regarding policies and procedures; representing them before governmental agencies including the EEOC, OFCCP, the Louisiana Commission on Human Rights (LCHR), and the Louisiana Civil Service Commission; and handling all aspects of employment litigation. Ms. Crochet has also conducted employee training and is a frequent lecturer on employment law issues.
Ms. Crochet serves as the Chair of the Taylor Porter Employment and Labor Law and Discrimination Litigation practice. She has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, and Louisiana Super Lawyers in Labor and Employment Law. In 2006, Ms. Crochet was recognized among Baton Rouge Business Report's "Influential Women in Business," for both her professional accomplishments and contributions to the community.
Ms. Crochet’s practice has included the following:
- Advising private and public employers, including various state agencies and the Louisiana State Senate, in connection with employment policies and sensitive personnel matters;
- Representing Louisiana State University in connection with a wide range of employment and academic matters involving faculty, staff, and student issues, with a recent emphasis on Title IX sexual assault policies;
- Drafting and revising employer policies, including employee handbooks and policy manuals;
- Representing employers before governmental agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Office of Federal Contract Compliance (OFCCP), the Department of Labor (DOL), the Louisiana Commission on Human Rights (LCHR), and the Louisiana Civil Service Commission;
- Assisting employers in complying with federal and state laws and regulations governing the employment relationship;
- Handling employment litigation, including successful resolution of matters by summary judgment prior to trial.
Ms. Crochet is involved in the community as a Board Member of The Emerge Center, a Baton Rouge nonprofit located on the LSU Innovation Park campus that provides services for children with communication, behavior and developmental delays, as well as audiology services for all ages. In the past, she served as a crisis line volunteer and board member for Battered Women’s Program. Ms. Crochet and her husband Charlie Cusimano were actively involved at the Louisiana School for the Deaf, where their daughter attended for eight years. She is a former member of the LSD Foundation Board. Ms. Crochet is also a former member of the Baton Rouge Speech and Hearing Foundation Board. She currently is an associate member of the Greater Baton Rouge Society for Human Resource Management and the Louisiana Society for Human Resource Management.
She and her husband were the recipients of the 2011 Angel in Adoption award which honors their dedication to adoption and positive child welfare practices.
- "Pregnancy at Work," Taylor Porter Labor and Employment Law Seminar, April 27, 2017
- “Sealing the Deal: Effective Settlement Techniques in Employment Cases,” Louisiana Bar Association Employment Law update, August 2014
- “How to Master FMLA Compliance,” Louisiana Society of Human Resource Management Conference, April 9, 2013
- “Sexual, Racial and Other Harassment and Discrimination,” Sterling Education Services Employment Law Seminar, October 11, 2012
- “Diversity and Leadership,” The Inaugural Louisiana Women’s Conference, October 2, 2009
- “Preparing Your Business for a Disaster,” LSU E.J. Ourso College of Business and Taylor Porter’s Preparing Your Business for a Disaster, May 27, 2009
- “Recent Updates 2009,” Rotary Club of Baton Rouge, February 2009
- “Employment Law Seminar – Legal Update and Sexual Harassment,” Parish Attorney Seminar, April 2008
- “Employment Law Update – The Latest Interpretations of Current Employment Law,” Sterling Education Services, Inc., January 16, 2008
- “Balancing Personal & Work Life,” Baton Rouge Association of Women Attorneys, February 28, 2007
- “Legal Challenges for the Cancer Patient,” Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, August 26, 2006
- “How to Safely Terminate Employees,” Louisiana Society of Human Resource Management Conference 2006, April 12-13, 2006
- “Affirmative Action Obligations for Government Contractors,” Employment Law Update, March 28, 2006
- “FMLA Update – State Leave Law Applicable to Pregnancy and Child Care State Law Whistleblower Protection,” Council on Education in Management, August 8-9, 2005
- “Engaging and Empowering all Women,” Louisiana’s Women Leaders, May 13, 2005
- “Sexual Harassment & Workplace Discrimination,” Louisiana’s Women Leaders, May 15, 2005
- “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace,” 2005 Employment Law Mock Trial, March 7, 2005
- “Techniques of Taking and Use of Depositions,” 2004 Annual Louisiana Department of Justice CLE Seminar, Attorney General Seminar, December 9-10, 2004
- Baton Rouge Society for Human Resource Management Mock Trial, August 2004