Practice Contact: Lloyd Lunceford
Since 1912, Taylor Porter has represented Capital City Press, the publisher of The Advocate, Saturday and Sunday Advocate newspapers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. With the subsequent advent of radio, television, and modern telecommunications, the Firm's practice has expanded into those areas as well. Recent representations include:
- Intervening on behalf of The Advocate, the Louisiana Television Broadcasting Corporation (an ABC network affiliate), and the Gannett News Service to oppose courtroom closures and sealing of records.
- Defending print, radio and television media against newsgathering, libel and invasions of privacy claims.
- Representing the Baton Rouge Area Board of Realtors and Capital City Press in public records law litigation.
- Counseling Louisiana State University on First Amendment issues, records confidentiality and the Family Education Records Privacy Act.
- Prebroadcast and prepublication review to avoid or mitigate potential claims, and analysis of political advertisements under federal constitutional and election law.