Practice Contact: Brett Furr
Our attorneys handle a diverse range of matters relating to real estate, including the acquisition, development and financing of commercial projects and the formation of investment vehicles for debt and equity financing. We represent land owners and commercial clients in expropriations and land use litigation and have rendered mineral title opinions to assist in the exploration, development and financing of oil and gas properties in Louisiana.
Our practice has included:
- Representing clients in all facets of the development of neighborhood, office, retail, industrial and warehouse developments.
- Representing corporations and landowners in major expropriation litigation involving gas and oil pipelines, electric power lines, highways, levees, water mains, and sewage treatment plants.
- Representing clients in changes or waivers of zoning, master plans and other land use regulations.
- Representing the corporate owner of a gas storage facility.
- Challenging unconstitutional restrictive land use ordinances.
- Acting as Louisiana title insurance agent for various title insurers, including First American Title and Security Title Guarantee Corporation of Baltimore on nationwide financing transactions.