Practice Contact: Jim Ellis
Electric, water and gas utilities, pipeline and energy-related companies, the spectrum of local, long distance, paging and wireless telecommunications corporations, transportation companies and other businesses are included in a growing list of clients we represent before local, state and federal regulatory agencies, and the courts.
Taylor Porter's representative matters in regulated industries include:
- Prosecuting the breach of a long-term rail transportation contract on behalf of a major utility.
- Prosecuting breaches of long-term gas supply contracts.
- Defending orders of the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources authorizing construction and operation of an underground natural gas storage facility.
- Representing major electric, water, gas and sewerage utilities before state and federal regulatory agencies in major electric and gas rate cases and other matters.
- Representing Gulf States Utilities, Inc., in hearings before the Louisiana Public Services Commission in its multibillion dollar merger with Entergy Corporation.
- Representing Gulf States Utilities, Inc., before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in a dispute involving a unit purchase agreement with Southern Companies.
- Representing numerous pipeline companies in hearings before the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources in certification, transportation, sales, construction, interconnection and related issues.
- Representing Equitable Storage Company before the Commissioner of Conservation regarding the certification, construction and operation of a $50 million underground natural gas storage and pipeline project.
- Representing major long distance telephone service providers, paging companies, fiber optic companies and other voice/data communications carriers in certification, merger, rate, interconnection and contract matters.
- Representing Louisiana Cellular Telecommunications Association, the Louisiana Association of Radio Common Carriers and many individual wireless carriers before regulatory bodies and the courts regarding diverse communications matters.
- Representing before regulatory bodies and the courts, major transportation corporations such as Matlack, Inc., Groendyke, DSI, Transport Service, Philip Service/Louisiana Inc., Brinks, Inc., Gulf South Systems and many others in market entry litigation, tariff, contract, and enforcement matters.