May 26, 2017
Taylor Porter had eight attorneys ranked as “Leaders in Their Field” in the Chambers USA 2017 Directory, which surveys clients and other law firms to rank attorneys globally since 1990.
Taylor Porter’s Chambers USA honorees include: Mike Crawford (Bankruptcy/Restructuring); Anne Crochet (Environmental Law); Vicki Crochet (Labor and Employment); Paul Dicharry (Environmental Law); Brett Furr (Bankruptcy/Restructuring); Skip Philips (Commercial Litigation); Pat Seiter (Health Care Law); and Fred Tulley (Commercial Litigation). Taylor Porter’s commercial litigation and environmental law practices were also ranked in the overall Firm practice area categories.
In addition to the rankings, the Chambers annual guide includes research findings by peer attorneys and clients about the recognized attorneys. The following are highlights from Taylor Porter’s attorneys’ inclusions:
- Brett Furr "is top notch and offers a broad business and real estate practice with a focus on bankruptcy, including workouts and foreclosures."
- Mike Crawford "is highly respected and is noted for his handling of reorganizations, restructurings, and other bankruptcy-related matters for clients in the oil and gas industry."
- What the team is known for: "Broad-based litigation practice regularly handling high-value energy disputes. Also acts on matters such as antitrust cases, breach of contract claims and securities litigation for multinational and local businesses, including health care and financial services companies. Experienced with handling insurance coverage disputes."
- Fred Tulley "is seen as a very experienced, practical lawyer, according to market commentators. He devotes much of his time to securities litigation."
- Skip Philips "receives high marks from interviewees for his ability to subtly get his way for a client in a case. He has extensive experience in both trial and appellate courts handling cases including product liability matters and commercial insurance coverage disputes for a diverse set of clients."
- What the team is known for: "Respected Baton Rouge-based firm with extensive environmental law expertise. Dedicated practitioners handling the full range of environmental law issues, with substantive experience in connection with regulatory compliance and environmental law disputes. Skilled in class action litigation and defending claims related to groundwater remediation, contamination and oilfield waste."
- Anne Crochet "maintains her standing as a very fine lawyer and has a diverse environmental practice handling both regulatory and litigation matters. She has extensive experience advising on a range of topics including the environmental aspects of transactions, risk management and permitting issues."
- Paul Dicharry "is well-reputed and as of counsel with the firm he continues to offer practical advice on domestic and international environmental projects and programs. He is recognized for defending contaminated site claims, air, water and waste enforcement and regulatory matters including contracting, permitting and OSHA process safety management."
Health Care Law
- Pat Seiter "offers pragmatic advice on health care business and regulatory matters including contracts, privatization, and compliance matters at federal and state level. Interviewees aver that he is an excellent lawyer."
Labor and Employment
- Vicki Crochet "regularly advises on employee procedures, federal compliance and a wide range of employment litigation. Her client list includes a number of public and private organizations."
The annual guide of the best law firms and lawyers in business is published by London-based research and ranking organization, Chambers and Partners. Chambers evaluates and ranks attorneys and firms nationally and by state through extensive independent research that includes interviews with firm clients and peer attorneys. Researchers assess technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities most valued by the client.
Louisiana’s Law Firm® founded in 1912 in Baton Rouge, Taylor Porter is one of the oldest, largest and most respected law firms in Louisiana, with a diverse range of local, regional, national and international clients in the most complex transactions and litigation across a variety of industries. As a full-service, general law practice with more than 70 attorneys, Taylor Porter’s capabilities cover the complete spectrum of civil law, including state and federal trial and appellate practice.