March 09, 2017
Click here to view the Taylor Porter mentions in "Around The Bar"
As a member of this year’s Baton Rouge Bar Association Easter Eggstravaganza and Volunteer Committee, Taylor Porter Partner Erin Sayes Kenny is pictured front and center holding an Easter basket on the cover of this month’s "Around The Bar" magazine. The committee will hold its annual collection drive to prepare for its Easter egg hunts. Individually wrapped candy and plastic Easter eggs will be collected by the BRBA Volunteer Committee March 25 - April 5. Donations may be dropped off at the Middleton Bar Center, 544 Main St., 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Easter egg hunts will be held April 10-13, 2017, at four local elementary schools.
Taylor Porter attorneys and the firm also had several mentions throughout the March issue of "Around The Bar," including:
- The Arts Judicata planning committee will host a cocktail reception Thursday, March 30, 2017, to kick off the newest fundraising event for the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation. The reception will be held on the 8th floor of the Chase Building on the award-winning “Taylor Porter Rooftop Garden.” All BRBA members are invited to attend this kickoff of Arts Judicata.
- Taylor Porter Partner Amy Lambert was inducted as the Treasurer of the BRBA at an installation ceremony held Jan. 11; she is pictured with her fellow BRBA officers. Two weeks later, at the 2017 Opening of Court, Memorial and New Member Ceremony, held Jan. 25, the BRBA recognized members practicing law for 50, 55 and 60 years. Amy presented each attending honoree with a certificate. Amy is pictured with honoree Jim George.
- Taylor Porter Partner and Executive Committee Member Robin Toups was elected to the Capital Area CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Board.
- A photo of the LSU National Environmental Moot Court Team practice hosted by Taylor Porter on Feb. 8, 2017, to help the team prepare for the Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Moot Court Competition in White Plains, New York. Taylor Porter lawyers attending were Anne Crochet, Robin Toups, Juan Miranda and Ryan French.
- Kenny is pictured with fellow Young Lawyers Section Council Members of the BR Bar for 2017. She was inducted at the Bar Leader Installation Ceremony, held Jan. 11, at the U.S. District Court of the Middle District of Louisiana.
- Taylor Porter Associate Lauren Rivera was an Ask-A-Lawyer Volunteer for the BRBF in December, and Taylor Porter Partner Mac Womack also accepted pro bono cases through the BRBF in December.
You can access the entire ATB March issue at: