Taylor Porter represents banks, insurance companies, suppliers, debtors, creditors, and trustees in bankruptcies, formulation and implementation of Chapter 11 plans, litigation and defense of avoidance actions, allowance of claims, exemptions, sales of property, discharge and similar bankruptcy matters.
Taylor Porter bankruptcy attorneys service clients across a wide scope of industries, including oil and gas, environmental/energy, health care, gaming, and media and entertainment companies. In addition to representing clients in Louisiana, our attorneys have appeared in bankruptcy courts in New York, Texas and Mississippi.
- Representing a corporate receiver appointed in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings arising from a massive, nationwide securities fraud scheme.
- Representing state liquidators of failed insurance companies in insolvency proceedings and in civil suits in the United States and in foreign countries.
- Representing Gulf States, Inc., in Cajun Electric Power Cooperative, Inc.'s Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Representing the Louisiana Economic Development and Gaming Corporation/Louisiana Gaming Control Board of Louisiana in the Harrah's Jazz Company Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of the creditors' committee in the successful reorganization of Communications Corporation of America, a television broadcasting company operating in multiple states.
- Prosecuting and defending fraudulent conveyance claims arising out of complex corporate bankruptcies.