Jon N. “Blue” Loupe joined Taylor Porter in 2006. He is engaged primarily in commercial transactions, and his experience includes organizing business entities, mergers and acquisitions, negotiating and drafting asset purchase agreements, stock sale agreements, commercial leases, loan and security documents, master service agreements, conducting title examinations, and assisting in loan workouts.
Blue is a licensed title agent in the State of the Louisiana, and Taylor Porter has a captive title insurance agency, Investors Title & Exchange Company.
Blue has been ranked by his peers among the Louisiana Rising Stars in Business/Corporate Law. Blue is an alumnus of the Baton Rouge Business Report Leadership Academy.
Blue graduated, with distinction, from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 2002. He received his Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, from the University of Alabama School of Law in 2005. While in law school, he served as a Senior Editor for the Alabama Law Review. Prior to joining Taylor Porter, Blue was a law clerk for The Honorable Kay Bates, Judge for the 19th Judicial District Court of Louisiana. Blue is admitted to practice in both Louisiana and North Carolina. He is a member of the Baton Rouge Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute.
- Representation of a regional multi-family developer with: the formation of its development company, construction company and property management company; acquiring local and regional project sites; raising capital; negotiating contracts with contractors and architects; negotiating and closing myriad financing packages, including, but not limited to HUD 221(d)(4) non-recourse loans.
- Representation of the local owners of a medical office building with respect to: refinancing a conventional loan/mortgage package; lease negotiations; lease amendment; lease workouts; equity infusions and capital events.
- Representation of many local and regional companies, including restaurants, oil-field service companies, industrial service companies and professional service companies (accountants, consultants, dentists, doctors and other health care professionals), with respect to acquiring, leasing and divesting real estate projects (both seller and purchaser, as well as, both landlord and tenant).
- Representation of many local and regional companies, including restaurants, sporting goods wholesalers, oil-field service companies, industrial service companies, manufacturers and professional service companies (accountants, consultants, dentists, doctors and other health care professionals), with respect to the negotiation of the purchase and sale of their companies (both asset sales and equity sales), including, but not limited to, working with investment bankers to market the entities and negotiating with private equity and venture capital firms for the purchase of such companies.
- Acting as local counsel for many borrowers requiring authority and enforcement opinions to national and international lenders.
- Representation of a national retail outlet with respect to local zoning ordinances and permitting.
- Representation of a local oil-field services company in drafting and negotiating master service agreements.
- Representation of a local franchise of a national corporation in negotiating a workout and sale of the franchise license and assets.
In the community, Blue is a member of the board and serves as Treasurer of the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra.
Articles and Publications