Practicing law since 1988, Lenore Feeney serves as of counsel and an employment lawyer with Taylor Porter. Ms. Feeney represents employers in a wide variety of human resources matters including preventative advice and counseling concerning compliance with state and federal employment laws such as Title VII, ADA, FMLA, GINA, ADEA, and NLRA and all aspects of employment litigation.
Ms. Feeney represents a number of state agencies in defending employment disciplinary decisions before the State Civil Service Commission, and she represents both private employers and state agencies before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Louisiana Commission on Human Rights, and Department of Labor as well as state and federal court.
In addition to her 30 years of litigation experience, Ms. Feeney has also represented employers in arbitrations and mediations. She has experience drafting employee handbooks, employee evaluation documents, employment contracts and non-competition agreements, and she lectures on employment issues and conducts employee training.
- Serves as a referee in disciplinary matters for the State Police Commission
- Represents state agencies in state civil service appeals
- Represents public and private employers in EEOC proceedings
- Represents public and private employers in state and federal court employment lawsuits
- Represents a state university in civil service, EEOC and employment discrimination matters
- Obtained summary judgment and jury verdicts for employers
- Represented a major health insurance company in ERISA litigation
- Past chairman of the board of the Foundation for Historical Louisiana
- Past member of the board of Capital Area Family Violence Intervention Center
- Past member of the board of LSU Hilltop Arboretum
- Past member of the board of Capital Area Animal Welfare Society (CAAWS)
- Member EBRP Master Gardeners Association
Articles and Publications
- “Problems, Pitfalls and Legal Issues Associated with Social Media; When Can an Employer Make Unilateral Changes?; And the Latest on "Independent Contractor Status,” Taylor Porter In-House Counsel CLE Seminar, February 2019
- "How to Win at Trial - Hint: Pre-Trial Prep is the Key," Panelist, CLE Seminar, Louisiana State Bar Association Midyear Meeting, January 17, 2019
- "Social Media in the Workplace," Taylor Porter Labor and Employment Law Seminar, April 27, 2017